Professional Teeth Whitening
When it comes to your smile, there are several possible reasons why it may have lost its sparkle. Everything from age and smoking to drinking coffee, tea, or wine — and more — can contribute to the noticeable yellowing of your teeth. However, with professional teeth whitening services from our expert team of dentists, we can restore and help you reclaim your dazzling, bright smile. Not only can teeth whitening improve your overall appearance through a healthier-looking and aesthetically pleasing smile, but it can also increase your self-confidence and even make you look younger as well! The dentists at Dental Beauty in Feasterville, PA, will thoroughly explain our teeth whitening process to you prior to the procedure being performed.
How Does Professional Teeth Whitening Work?
In-Office Teeth Whitening Treatments
The overall teeth-whitening procedure typically takes from 60 to 90 minutes to complete, and generally includes the following steps:
● Your dentist or oral care professional will make a note of your teeth’s current color and shade
● The surface of the teeth are cleaned to remove any plaque
● The mouth area will be isolated using gauze and retractors to ensure your lips, tongue, and gum don’t come into contact with the whitening solution
● Your dentist will place a barrier along the gumline to further protect it from the solution
● The front surface of your teeth are covered in the whitening solution, usually peroxide or carbamide
● In some instances, a curing light or laser may be used to activate the whitening solution. The solution will be left on the teeth for 30-60 minutes and may occasionally be reapplied
● When the desired shade is reached, the teeth are rinsed
Professional At-Home Teeth Whitening Kits
An alternative to in-office teeth whitening is to do it yourself at home. However, do not confuse this with the over-the-counter (OTC) brands you may find at your local drugstore. A professional at-home teeth whitening kit can only be obtained from your dentist. Not only that, but it requires a dental impression of your teeth to make custom-fitted trays that are perfectly contoured to your mouth. These professional at-home kits typically require an hour per day for about two weeks to reach the desired tooth color and shade.
What Are the Benefits of Professional Teeth Whitening?
A brighter, whiter smile is the perfect way to boost confidence and make a great first impression.
Longer-Lasting Results Than OTC Brands
Teeth whitening kits from the drugstore contain weaker ingredients, and the results fade much more quickly when compared to professional teeth whitening services.
By relying on a dentist, you’ll ensure that your teeth are whitened safely and non-invasively. In fact, OTC products can not only damage your enamel but also make your teeth more sensitive over time.
Removes Stains More Thoroughly Than OTC Brands
Using OTC kits can lead to uneven whitening and may even make them more prone to staining in the long run.
You Can Select the Shade That’s Perfect for You
OTC kits can only give you a shader or two lighter; your dentist will work with you to help you select the ideal shade for your teeth and the number of sessions to achieve it.